Welcome Student Visa Lawyer USA


Student Visa

A resident of a foreign country is qualified to apply for a student visa as long as the person doesn’t have any intention of abandoning one’s residence. The applicant must be someone who wants to go to the United States to study at an academic institution accredited by the USCIS.

In order to qualify for a student visa, the applicant must have a valid educational purpose to go to the United States. The person must be able to support oneself while in the U.S. without working.

Students are not allowed to use the Visa Waiver Program in order to study in the United States as part of their tourist visit. They must first procure student visas if they want to want to study in the country. However, people on the visitor visa or through the Visa Waiver Program can enroll in a short recreational course that is not credited to an academic certificate or degree.

Requirements for Student Visa

Before applying for a student visa, the person should already be accepted by a school approved by the SEVP. The US Department of State’s Education USA website has a list of educational opportunities for scholars, admissions, and a lot more. The Department of Homeland Security has a Study in the States school search page to help students find schools certified by the SEVP.

When a person is accepted by an SEVP-certified school, the individual will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System and must pay the I-901 Fee. The school will send a Form I-20 that should be presented to the consular officer during the visa interview.

For new students, M-1 and F-1 student visas are issued up to 120 days before the course of study starts. The student can’t enter the United States with M-1 or F-1 student visa earlier than 30 days before the start of the course of study.

Continuing students can renew their visas anytime as long as they still have their student status as well as their SEVIS records. Students who wish to continue their studies in the United States can enter the country at any time before the start of their classes.

Aside from the usual requirements, such as passport, Form DS-160 confirmation page, application fee payment receipt, and photo, an applicant of a student visa must also bring the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant M-1 Student Status for Vocational Students or the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status for Academic and Language Students. The school will provide these forms to qualified students.

During the student visa interview, the consul might require additional documents such as transcripts, degrees, certificates, or diplomas from schools previously attended, and scores from tests required by the US school that include TOEFL, GRE, GMAT or SAT. The consul might also ask evidence of the person’s intent to return to one’s residence after the completion of the course of study as well as how one will pay the educational, travel, and living costs.

Types of Student Visa

F-1 Student Visa

F-1 student visa is required if the person wants to enter the U.S. to attend college or university, private elementary school, conservatory, seminary, high school, or another academic institution that includes a language training program. A person on an F-1 student visa can accept employment in the United States as part of the practical training. The individual is required to get an Employment Authorization Document.

F-1 spouses as well as dependent children under 21 years of age can live but not work in the United States during the same time the principal is studying in the country. Children with F-2 status can go to public elementary and high school. People with F categories are allowed to bring domestic help as long as they meet the requirements.

M-1 Student Visa

M-1 student visa is required for students who want to enroll in a non-academic or vocational program in a certified institution in the U.S. Some examples of vocational study qualified for M-1 visa are training programs for machinists, health care technicians, dental hygienists, and other vocational programs.

A full course is required in order for a person to qualify for an M-1student visa. It must be offered by a community or junior college and consists of at least 12 semesters. A person can also apply to a post-secondary business or vocational school that provides Associate or other degrees.

J-1 visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa for a person who is approved to join in an exchange visitor program in the U.S. Students can apply for exchange programs to study secondary or college in the United States. There are also programs for short-term scholars. A portion of the individual’s financial support must come from a scholarship, assistantship, or a fellowship from an external source.This is one way for people who want to enter the United States through a student visa.

You will be introduced to an experienced Immigration Solicitor with more than 10years experience in UK Immigration Law and the Solicitor will deal with you directly from the beginning to the end of your matter

You will be offered a 20mins free consultation on your Immigration matter, this 20mins includes the time to send you an email summarising your discussion and an action plan for your matter .

Please feel free to email your initial enquiry to us so we can review your matter and get back to you within 24hrs

Our immigration lawyers deal with all types of Immigration visas such as Business Visas, Visitors Visa, Fiancé Visas, Spousal Visa, Marriage visa, Tier 2 Visa, Employment Visas, Work Permit, Tier 1 Visas, Tier 4 Visas, Student Visa, Entrepreneur Visas, Graduate entrepreneur, Discretionary Leave to Remain, Indefinite Leave to remain, Settlement Visa, EEA Visas, EEC Visas, Association Agreements, Yellow Cards, Workers Registration, British Nationality, British Registration, Ancestry Visa and much more

ImmigrationSolicitorsStaffordshire is an Intermediary Network, that will give link you to a very experienced immigration Lawyer. Your calls will be returned same day and all your enquiry will be dealt with on the same day. You will be dealing with an Immigration lawyer from the onset.

Here at ImmigrationSolicitorsStaffordshire our expert immigration lawyers take each case very seriously and are empathic towards clients needs. We understand that immigration is quite costly in terms of fees and the people’s lives in which they affect. We strive for the best and our proven track record speaks for itself.

We also provide all our Immigration Services to cover Ampthill, Arlesey ,Staffordshire ,Biggleswade, Dunstable, Flitwick, Houghton Regis, Kempston, Leighton Buzzard, Linslade, Luton, Potton, Sandy, Shefford, Stotfold, Wixams, Woburn

Contact Us